Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: training resources for peer tutors

Christel A Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:14:02 +0000

text/plain

Thank you all for your helpful resources. I am thrilled to have such great material to draw on.

Chris

Christel Taylor
Coordinator, Academic Resource Center
Mount Mary College
2900 North Menominee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222

414-258-4810, ext. 373
http://www.mtmary.edu/

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Roberta T Schotka [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: training resources for peer tutors

Hi Christel,

I recommend that you check the International Tutor Training Program
Certification (ITTPC) pages  on the CRLA website (crla.net). If you look at
both the "application forms", the "certification requirements" and
the  "application samples" you will get a lot of helpful information about
the scope of training and preparation that is recommended for peer
tutors. Also the "links" section will bring you to an excellent bibliography
and the CRLA tutor training handbook.

Best,
Roberta

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Christel A Taylor <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I am brand new in my position and have limited resources at the moment. We
> have a staff of about ten professional tutors, and I've been asked to add
> peer tutoring into the mix. Although this has been done on a limited basis
> in the past, I'd like to put something solid into place to add to the ways
> we can support our students.
>

> What I am hoping is that someone can share with me some training guidelines
> or materials to use with new peer tutors. It is hard to tell what we have,
> as I moved into a space filled with most of our resources in boxes, awaiting
> a move to a great new space in two weeks.
>

> I would appreciate any suggestions or links.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> Christel Taylor
> Coordinator, Academic Resource Center
> Mount Mary College
> 2900 North Menominee River Parkway
> Milwaukee, WI 53222
>
> 414-258-4810, ext. 373
> http://www.mtmary.edu/

> browser to

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709

College Reading & Learning Association
Assistant Coordinator of Certified Programs