Research Assistant Opening

HOSA at UF <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:52:12 -0500

text/plain (69 lines) , BMED Team Info Sheet.doc (69 lines) , HDP Brochure 06-04-10 FINAL.pdf (69 lines) , Recent_Projects_FINAL.pdf (69 lines) , BMED RA Application Form.doc (69 lines)

Hello HOSA Members!

Below is a message from the Lab Manager of the Research Lab where I have
been a Research Assistant for the past year. Our team is looking to take on
a few new Research Assistants for the upcoming semester, giving you all the
perfect opportunity to try to get involved in research on campus. The
Behavioral Medicine Research Team is a great team to be on and there are
plenty chances to gain hands-on research experience. If you have any
questions that you would like me to answer about the team, feel free to
e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask] Good luck!

Sincerely,
Amna Imran
President, HOSA at UF

Dr. Carolyn Tucker's Behavioral Medicine Research Team is looking for
excellent research assistants for the upcoming semesters. Excellent
research assistants are students with a competitive GPA and who are
committed to excellence in relation to every pursued task and goal.

This research team conducts culturally sensitive, community-based
interventions anchored in Health Self-Empowerment Theory with the
ultimate goal of reducing national health disparities, particularly
among low-income, ethnic/racial minority populations. All research
team members actively interact with community member participants and
are instrumental in carrying out health-promoting interventions.
Research assistants will also play important roles as members of the
newly launched Health Disparities Research and Intervention Program
(HDRIP) at the University of Florida.

At this time, we are accepting applications for unpaid undergraduate
research assistant positions that start Spring 2012 and must continue
through Summer C 2012. The position requires a full two-semester
commitment of a *minimum* of 6 hours a week. Selected research
assistants are also required to attend all weekly team meetings (TBA).

Research assistants will receive PSY 3912 Research in Psychology
credits for the first and second semesters (2 credits per semester).

If you are interested in applying for a research assistant position
with the Behavioral Medicine Research Team, please submit your
application and current resume via email to [log in to unmask] The
*application deadline is December 16th , 2011 by 5:00pm*

The application for a research assistant position with the Behavioral
Medicine Research Team, information about this position and team,
HDRIP brochure, and a summary of previous research and intervention
projects directed by Dr. Tucker are attached. Please read through all
documents and feel free to e-mail Elaine Duran at [log in to unmask]
for answers to any questions you may have regarding the attached
documents.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Elaine Duran