]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

HOSA-L Home

HOSA-L  November 2011

HOSA-L November 2011

HOSA Updates and Competition Information

HOSA at UF <[log in to unmask]>

HOSA at UF <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Nov 2011 01:44:38 -0400

text/plain (69 lines) , HOSA Highlights 1.pdf (69 lines) , Diabetes Bear.jpg (69 lines) , Pediatric Neuropsychology Clinic Assistant Needed - Nov 1.docx (69 lines)

Hello HOSA Members!

The time has come- HOSA Week is around the corner! HOSA Week will be held
from *November 6th-12th*, and we have plenty of activities planned for all
of you! Below is a list and descriptions, as well as links to the Facebook
event pages- if you'd like a reminder via Facebook, simply follow the link
and click attending.

   - HOSA Social, *Monday, November 7th, 6-8 pm, Little Hall 109*- Need
   something to do on your Monday night, or just want to de-stress? Maybe
   you'd enjoy some free food and a movie! Come join us for out first HOSA
   Social of the year! There will be free food and dessert. We will also be
   watching a movie, to be decided via vote the day of. You sure don't want to
   miss out! Afterwards, we will be painting the wall on 34th, advertising
   HOSA Week. Please bring new or gently used clothes for donation to Haven
   Hospice as well! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211572712248062
   - HOSA Tabling, *Monday November 7th, 11-2 pm*- Come check us out while
   we table at the Collonade! We will be tabling to raise awareness about
   Juvenile Diabetes and will be selling the teddy bears given to us by the UF
   Diabetes Center (see attached picture) for $7 to raise money for them. (PS-
   feel free to buy one yourself- they will also be available at the social,
   or sell some to your friends!) We will also be decorating paper strips
   which will eventually be made into a paper chain to hang at Shands, so show
   appreciation to the staff there.
   - HOSA Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Fundraiser at Moes, *Wednesday,
   November 9th, 4-10pm, Moes on Newberry*- Do you like Moes? Would you
   like to help children with diabetes? Then come out to our fundraiser at
   Moes! Be sure to bring your ticket so that we get a proportion of the
   proceeds and are able to donate some money to the JDRF.
   http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=214950678574477

This is also a reminder that our *next General Body Meeting will be held on
November 14th, at 6:30 pm, in Little Hall Room 121*. *This will be the last
day to turn in national dues for competition. *If you are planning on
competing, be sure to come to the meeting! Dues are $22, and must be paid
in order to compete. We will also be discussing our Give Kids the World
Trip in January, Ronald McDonald Volunteering, and the Little Healthy
Gators program. Our HOSA advisor, Ms. Jean Burns, who is a pre-health
advisor at the College of Public Health and Health Professions, will also
attend to answer any of your questions regarding pre-health.

Finally, attached you will find our first issue of "HOSA Highlights," our
HOSA chapter newsletter. Please read it for important information- it is
meant to be a resource for younger HOSA members, mostly freshman and
sophomores. In it, you will find tips on how to get involved in research,
volunteering, and HOSA competition. There is also an ad for a research
position on campus. (This position is in the same lab that I do research
in, so if you have any questions, please e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]).
The last attachment is an announcement for an open Volunteer Position at
Shands that our advisor wanted us to pass on to all of you.

I hope you found the information in this e-mail useful, although I
apologize for its length. I hope to see you all at the upcoming HOSA Week
events and Meeting!

Sincerely,

Amna Imran
President, HOSA at UF