Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Brown Booby. Red Phalarope. Bridled Tern. Flagler County
From: Michael Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:24:06 -0500

Yesterday, 12/30, I headed out of Ponce de Leon Inlet for a fishing trip
with Bob Wallace and friends. We went northeast and out about 50 miles.
We ended up out in the Gulf Stream off of Flagler County about even with
the Palm Coast/ Hammock area.

The fishing was slow and so was the bird life. However, we did find a
few interesting birds. We found a small flock of 8 Red Phalaropes, a
lone Bridled Tern, a single Cory's Shearwater and the best bird of the
day was a surprise Brown Booby still around here in winter. We also
found a Pomarine Jaeger, one pelagic Coot and a number of sea turtles (4
Loggerheads and 1 Leatherback).

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center