]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2012

GRADSTUDENT-L 2012

UF I-Cubed Program: Graduate Student Funding and Facebook News

Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:14:23 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:     11 January 2011

To:       All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff

From:     UF Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) Program

RE:       UF I-Cubed Program: Graduate Student Funding and Facebook News

Graduate Student Funding News

The Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) program at the University of Florida is announcing a new cycle of funding opportunities for graduate students in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and SBE (social, behavioral, economics) disciplines interested in interdisciplinary research.

The award is intended to:

-- Encourage graduate students in the STEM disciplines to propose, develop and participate with SBE students in the interdisciplinary research projects.

-- Provide graduate students with experience working in an interdisciplinary team environment.

-- Encourage graduate students to involve undergraduate students in research activities.

Funding will be provided to support interdisciplinary projects which address:

-- State of Florida Topics - encompassing research focused on Florida-based topics, e.g. socioeconomic, environmental, energy, and other areas of research which are of importance to the State of Florida. This may also include community oriented research projects (e.g. working with K-12 classroom or K-12 teachers)

-- International Topics - encompassing research focused on global topics. This may include projects conducted in foreign countries.

Priority will be given to projects that:

-- Relate to on-going research or are closely connected to a student's thesis/dissertation.

-- Include undergraduate team member(s) and have a strong focus on mentoring.

Six awards up to $2,500 each will be awarded to teams of graduate students to conduct projects for duration not to exceed one academic year.

The competition is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines.

Application Deadline: 29 February 2012 (Wednesday) by 5 p.m.

For more information and application process go to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding

Facebook News

I-Cubed (NSF-funded Innovation through Institutional Integration) Program would like to invite you all to join us on Facebook this semester:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UF-I-Cubed/153024358091077?sk=app_106171216118819

By liking our Facebook page you can stay up to-date with workshops, funding opportunities, CRC events, Graduate Student Research Day, and much more. The I-Cubed Program fosters the preparation of students with a true competitive edge through an extended focus on professionally oriented training programs designed for the real world.