]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2012

GRADSTUDENT-L 2012

Call for Volunteers: UF I-Cubed Graduate Student Advisory Council

Childers,Jessica L

Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:19:44 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   November 28, 2012

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF I-Cubed Program

RE:     Call for Volunteers: UF I-Cubed Graduate Student Advisory Council

Are you a graduate student in STEM and/or SBE disciplines at UF? Would you like to become a driving force in shaping graduate education at UF?

The I-Cubed Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) is seeking interested graduate students to join GSAC and become a driving force of the I-Cubed Program in shaping graduate education at UF. We especially encourage graduate students from the following disciplines to join our ranks: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine (STEMM) including Social, Behavioral and Economic (SBE) disciplines.

The UF Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) Program, funded by NSF (National Science Foundation), is developing an integrative and interdisciplinary program that augments the preparation of UF students to have a truly competitive edge. This is done through an extended focus on professionally-oriented training programs designed to enhance each individual student's career opportunities.

The GSAC was formed in 2009 within the I-Cubed Program to work as a team in collaboration with the Internal (Faculty) Advisory Board and I-Cubed management team (1) to identify missing elements in graduate student training at UF, (2) to improve graduate professional development, and (3) to integrate with and expand some of the existing programs on campus.

What do we expect?
1. Represent ideas and concerns pertinent to the professional development of graduate students at UF.
2. Represent GSAC in I-Cubed sponsored activities such as Graduate Student Research Day, Ethics Symposium, Career Panels, etc.
3. Attend monthly GSAC meetings.
4. Disseminate information about I-Cubed sponsored activities to other students and colleagues.

What do we offer?
1. Professional development through active communication with peers, UF administrators and department/college key-decision makers.
2. Providing ideas for Graduate Student Research Day and other professional development opportunities for graduate students at UF.
3. Regular meetings with the University Provost and the Dean of the Graduate School.

If you are interested in joining the I-Cubed GSAC and contribute to the transformation of graduate education at UF, please find the application form at:

http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/what-is-icubed/graduate-student-advisory-council/call-for-new-gsac-members/

After completing the form, submit your application to...

...and we will contact you shortly.

Save the date: GSAC will hold an Open House to graduate students interested in joining GSAC on Wednesday, January 23, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. Please mark your calendars. Later we will provide more details.

Sincerely,

Mark Cunningham and Cheyne Homberger
I-Cubed GSAC Chairs