]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2012

GRADSTUDENT-L 2012

Today: I-Cubed Nuts & Bolts Session for Research Awards, 2 p.m.

Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:26:47 +0000

text/plain

REMINDER

Date:   February 24, 2012

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF I-Cubed Program

RE:     Today: I-Cubed Nuts & Bolts Session for Research Awards

The UF I-Cubed (Innovation through Institutional Integration) Program invites perspective I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Award applicants to:

Nuts & Bolts Session on I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Awards Friday, February 24, 2012
2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
264 Grinter Hall (Second Floor)

If you are planning to submit a proposal for I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Awards then today is your chance to meet with award administrators and ask questions about the award, application process and budget. In addition, you will have a chance to meet with award former recipients to learn how they formed their research team, defined their research topic and are conducting their research.

The application deadline for I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Awards has been extended to Friday, March 30, 2012 by 5 p.m.

The Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) program at the University of Florida is announcing a new cycle of funding opportunities for graduate students in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and SBE (social, behavioral, economics) disciplines interested in interdisciplinary research.
The Award is intended to:

-- Encourage graduate students in the STEM disciplines to propose, develop and participate with SBE students in an interdisciplinary research project.

-- Provide graduate students with experience working in an interdisciplinary team environment.

-- Encourage graduate students to involve undergraduate students in research activities.

Funding will be provided to support interdisciplinary projects which address:

-- State of Florida Topics - encompassing research focused on Florida-based topics, e.g. socioeconomic, environmental, energy, and other areas of research which are of importance to the State of Florida. This may also include community oriented research projects (e.g. working with K-12 classroom or K-12 teachers)

-- International Topics - encompassing research focused on global topics. This may include projects conducted in foreign countries.

Priority will be given to projects that:

-- Relate to on-going research or are closely connected to a student's thesis/dissertation.

-- Include undergraduate team member(s) and have a strong focus on mentoring.

Six awards up to $2,500 each will be awarded to teams of graduate students to conduct projects for duration not to exceed one academic year.

The competition is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines.

For more information and application process go to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding.