GRADSTUDENT-L 2012

April 19: USAID Speaker Series Lecture

Michaelson,Laurie R

Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:56:54 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   April 17, 2012

To:     All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff

From:   Laurie Michaelson
        UF International Center

RE:     April 19: USAID Speaker Series Lecture

Gregory C. Gottlieb, the Senior Deputy Assistant Administrator for USAID's Bureau for Food Security, will be on campus April 19th. He will be giving a talk on "Global Food Security: Where We Are and Where We're Going" from 6:45 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday night in Carleton Auditorium 0100.

The Facets of Food Speaker Series addresses contemporary issues of food and agriculture. The purpose of the series is to expose students to a diversity of speakers working in many different capacities within the food system. The course is designed to engage students in critical thinking about their food system and introduce them to the diversity of career opportunities available in the private and public sectors. For more information, contact Dr. Rose Koenig at 352-331-1804.

For more information about USAID, visit www.usaid.gov. For more information about Feed the Future, visit www.feedthefuture.gov.