]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2012

GRADSTUDENT-L 2012

June 22: Today's Luau Canceled Due to Bad Weather Forecast

Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:02:59 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   June 22, 2012

To:     All UF Graduate Students

From:   UF Graduate Student Council (GSC)

RE:     June 22: Today's Luau Canceled Due to Bad Weather Forecast

UF Graduate Family Housing and the Mayors' Council asked us to relay this message regarding the Luau social event planned for later today:

A great deal of planning goes into the Luau (food, music, entertainment, games, water slides, etc.) and we want to make sure that we are able to fully enjoy the activities without any worries. Following consultation with the Mayors of Maguire & UVS, in addition to a conversation with a local meteorologist regarding the showers and thunderstorms that are forecast for later this afternoon, I am sorry to have to inform you that we have had to postpone this year's Luau which was due to be held today at Maguire Village.  A little rain shower here and there, we could handle, but thunder and lightning, we cannot take that risk. Above all, our safety is paramount."

"Therefore, on behalf of the Mayors' Council & Graduate and Family Housing, I would like to apologize for the cancellation. I know our annual Luau generates a lot of excitement. Unfortunately, these were circumstances that were beyond our control but we still intend to make this program happen this summer and it's going to be even more spectacular, so I hope you can join us then."

"Stay tuned. With the way this Florida weather works, we'll have to wake up one day, look at the forecast and say, 'Hey, it seems like a great day for a luau. Let's go!'"

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Please like GSC's new Facebook page for more graduate-student-related issues and social updates: http://www.facebook.com/UFGraduateStudentCouncil.