]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2012

GRADSTUDENT-L 2012

Volunteers Needed for Fall 2012 New Graduate Student Orientation

Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:25:25 +0000

text/plain

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS

Date:    June 26, 2012

To:      All UF Graduate Students

From:    UF Graduate Student Council

RE:      Volunteers Needed for Fall 2012 New Graduate Student Orientation

Dear Fellow Graduate Students:

We hope your summer is going well. The UF Graduate Student Council and the UF Graduate School are seeking volunteers to help with New Graduate Student Orientation on Monday, August 13, 2012. This is the largest event of the year with approximately 1,600 new graduate students. We need many volunteers to help make this a successful event, and would like to have your assistance. The orientation is on Monday, August 13, 2012 and runs from 7:45 a.m to 1 p.m.

Volunteer activities will include:
- Welcoming new students
- Leading/participating in Q & A sessions
- Answering questions and directing students throughout the day
- Helping with campus resources tabling
- Leading walking tours of campus for new students

Light refreshments will be provided.

Lastly, we need volunteers to help stuff the 1,500 goodie bags. We are stuffing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, August 3, 2012; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, August 4, 2012; and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, Friday, August 5, 2012.

We really appreciate your help! Please sign up online, based on your availability, here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFZPVnEzM2pIWDN1UHIydXM2b29CYVE6MQ#gid=0

If you have any questions, please e-mail [log in to unmask]

Thanks much! We appreciate whatever help you can offer. Go Gators!