Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: How many blueprints to keep?
From: Jennifer Dennis Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:03:35 -0500

Thanks for your reply!  I should clarify that I'm an archivist and have been
charged with some records management work for this project.

We want to keep the early blueprints for the archives, definitely. They are not
in the best shape, but are still historically valuable.  There aren't too many of
them.  They'll stay with the school archives.

It's the later years that get overwhelming for the Facilities staff.  The head of
Facilities wants me to give him a number to keep and put it in a policy.  He
ends up with 15 drawings from a recent project but is afraid to throw them out.
So, maybe 2 for Facilities and 2 for archives.

I think I'd like to see 1 flat file in archives with the earliest drawings and a copy
or two of each of the later ones and 1 flat file in Facilities for them to use for
practical purposes.

Thanks again, this list is helping so much.

Best, Jennifer