Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: The value of x-rays
From: Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Mar 2012 08:57:58 -0800

This one is kind of interesting- I guess it depends on the environmental
regulations where you are based.

Here in California, the controls on the use of carcinogenic chemicals has
actually made the recovery of silver from film, including x-rays, cost
prohibitive.  Required recovery of exhaust fumes, reprocessing of chemicals
following the recovery operation and disposal of the substrate medium,
along with the effort (labor) to perform the work reduces the value to a
point that it is unprofitable.

I'd guess the individuals stealing these x-rays are selling them to
commercial processors who perform the recovery, so they don't have to be
concerned with any of this... but the firms performing the work may.

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA