https://pgecorp.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en Job Number for search is 12001073. Position was posted 2/6/12, so it may be closing soon. It appears to be a combination of records manager and manager of design drafting, rather than solely a RM position. You can apply online if interested.
Manager, Gas Records/Design Drafting-12001073
Manager Gas Records/Design Drafting
PG&E is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. The company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 15 million customers throughout a 70,000 square-mile territory in northern and central California. The company was founded in 1905 and has approximately 20,000 employees. In 2008, PG&E generated sales of over $14 billion.
PG&E's gas distribution system is the second largest in the country, extending approximately 48,000 miles serving 4.2M customers. This system manages 6,000 miles of gas transmission pipeline with over 100 customers, operates 9 compressor stations, and has 3 operating gas storage facilities (an additional facility is under development).
This position manages a team of about 40 professional and technical union-represented employees including 4 supervisors and is responsible for establishing a records policy for both Gas Transmission and Gas Distribution asset management, developing Standards and Work Procedures to ensure the proper archiving of Gas Documents, planning for and oversight of a Record Center with the capacity for immediate retrieval of Records for field personnel, and leading the Design Drafting group.
* Provide continuous updates to the Record Retention Guidelines in conjunction with the Corporate Secretary's office, and ensure the adherence to them by all Mapping/Design groups within the Gas Operations groups.
* Ensuring proper adherence to Information management policies and procedures and working with other lines of business to ensure all regulatory requirements related to the archival of Gas Asset Management are met
* Ensure that design drafting provides needed support to Project Engineering, and that documentation of Pipeline and Station projects are accurate and complete.
* Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
* Meet budgeting, financial, and resource management targets/goals.
* Ensure adherence to the ESC labor contract.
* Ensure the organization is in compliance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures.
* Support and drive continual process improvement for entire organization.
* BA/BS degree (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
* 8 years related experience including:
o experience with records storage
o experience with Mapping, Mechanical Drawing, or Blueprint experience
* Certification in Records Management
* ARMA certification or membership
* Min 10+ years in the Natural Gas Industry
* Establishing Records Management Systems and/or Policies
: Engineering & Technical
: United States of America
: Manager / Superintendent
: Yes, 10% of the time
Tammy Cutts | Nuclear Records Analyst
PG&E | DCPP
x3509 | pager
691.3509 | internal
805.545.3509 | external
119/1/144 | mail
This email is sent on 100% unused paper
Please consider the environment before printing this email
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance
To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]