Dear Graduate Coordinators and Graduate Staff -
As a courtesy, we are notifying you that this message will go out to the Graduate Student listserv tomorrow. Students are told to contact the academic unit if the final exam date is not present. Feel free to inform your students how your particular program addresses this milestone in preparation for graduation this term.
Regards, The Graduate School
******************INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********
DATE: April 4, 2012
To: Spring 2012 Degree Candidates
Cc: Graduate Coordinators
RE: Deadline - Final Examination Data entered in GIMS Friday, April 13, 2012, by 5:00 pm.
In accordance with Graduate Council policy, all graduate degree programs require a final culminating experience. For some degree candidates, this is the final defense of your thesis or dissertation. For others, this may be the completion of a project, a capstone course, a traditional examination, or other mechanism determined by your academic unit. Regardless of the format, all degree candidates must satisfy this milestone.
Graduating students are responsible for verifying final examination data in GIMS (Graduate Information Management System)
1. Log in to ISIS: http://www.isis.ufl.edu
2. Select **Graduate Student Info** from the "My Resources" menu on the right.
3. Select **Grad School Info Systems (GIMS) ** from the menu on the right.
4. Log in to GIMS, by clicking on the "Continue to Gatorlink authentication" link and using your Gatorlink ID and password.
5. Find/select the degree program for which you have applied to graduate this semester.
6. Scroll down to the "Final Exam" field; make sure the date (mm/dd/yyyy) is in the Final Exam Field. To be valid, the exam date must occur during the Fall 2011 or the Spring 2012 term (but no later than the April 13, 2012 Final Exam deadline).
7. If your final exam will take place between now and April 13, 2012, it is vital that the data is entered before 5:00 p.m. on April 13, 2012.
IF THE FINAL EXAM DATE IS MISSING, INCORRECT OR OUTSIDE THE DATE RANGE, CONTACT YOUR ACADEMIC UNIT/DEPARTMENT FOR ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
If you are not able to meet the April 13, 2012 deadline, please plan on enrolling and applying for a degree award in a future term.
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611