Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Reading comprehension

"Geddes, Leonard G." <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:48:36 -0400

text/plain

Hi Emily,

Is your request time sensitive?

I use technique called Textbook Mapping. (I developed the technique, so don't be concerned if you are not familiar with it.) It is highly effective. I think you will find it very useful.

I just wrapped up a four week study in which I introduced the technique to the study participants. They absolutely loved the technique and have experienced increases in their qualitative learning outcomes (which we measured) that produced significant quantitative jumps on their tests and quizzes (which have been confirmed by their respective professors).

The sessions were video recorded. I plan on condensing them and making them available via the listserve soemetime next week.

Also, I may have an opportunity to present the technique at NCLA and/or the CRLA conference, if my proposals are accepted.

Thanks and stay tuned...

Leonard Geddes
Associate Dean of Co-Curricular Programs
Coordinator of the Learning Commons
Division of Student Life
Lenoir-Rhyne University
www.lr.edu