Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Lost items protocol

VERA MAYES <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:02:40 -0400

text/plain

We have a list that the staff log the item into. We call the police and they come pick it up and sign off that they picked it up. Non-valuable like notebooks we keep a week and then send to lost and found at the police dept. it gives a level of accountability for the expensive items!

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shirley Tucker
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Lost items protocol

We check flash drives and contact student.  Our policy for other items is to lock them in our file drawer for 1 night/next day -most students return when they figure out where they last were...  We've never had any items remain more than overnight.  If we did, though, items would be sent to Student Services where the central lost and found is located.
Shirley

Dr. Shirley Tucker, Ed.D., Director,
Disability Services Office and Academic Resources Office [log in to unmask]
Office: 717.560.8200 ext. 5383
Fax: 717.560.8261

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE/FERPA PRIVACY RULE:  This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not disclose, forward, distribute, copy, or use this message or its contents. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your e-mail system. Thank you.

901 Eden Road  Lancaster PA 17601-5036
(717) 560-7071   www.lbc.edu