Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: The Continuing Story of the Barred Owl Family at Mead Gardens (Orange Co)
From: Scott Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 May 2012 16:09:42 -0400

Some of you may remember in late March at Mead Gardens a Barred Owl had
fallen perhaps while branching in its tree.  The owlet died at the Audubon
Center for Birds of Prey, but two other owlets survived.  I hadn't seen
them at all since the beginning of April despite being at Mead Gardens
another 12 times or so.  On Tuesday, though, I saw both of them and one
adult all in the same general area.  Both seem to be doing well from what I
can tell.  I posted photos at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/05/barred-owls-at-mead-gardens.html

Mead Gardens is just east of US rte 17/92 in Winter Park near Orlando.

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL