Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Lake Lotus, 5/19/2012 (Seminole Co)
From: Scott Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 May 2012 08:10:51 -0400

Yesterday I went to Lake Lotus Park after visiting Mead Gardens.  It was a
pretty good morning.  My favorite moments were seeing two Swallow-tailed
Kites fly low over the trees, hovering and letting me take close
photographs of them in flight.  I also found a juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk
branching on a tree.  A couple Red-eyed Vireos were also on display,
singing their little hearts out and posing for photos.  I posted photos at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/05/lake-lotus-park-5192012.html.

Lake Lotus is in Altamonte Springs, north of Orlando and west of I-4 on Rte
414.  Here is a list of highlights from the 28 species I saw in the park
yesterday:

Anhinga  3
Great Egret  1
White Ibis  2