***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Position available: Network Scientist
The Network Scientist will work with an international team of network and other scientists on two NIH grant funded initiatives, both of which involve assessing the impact of network involvement and network characteristics on the flow of knowledge likely to affect health policy and health outcomes. In addition, the incumbant will develop her/his own research portfolio, and work with a research team on the development and implementation of new projects and proposals. This position is expected to attract applicants with expertise in the management and analysis of networks, preferably both organizational and social. The position is located at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, with potential collaborative opportunities at Arizona State University.
Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment
* Experience working with network data, which includes data cleaning and data management
* Experience in the analysis of organizational (or systems) and social networks, such as via UCINet, including visualizing and quantitative data analysis.
* Experience in behavioral or social sciences research assessing social networks as it pertains to cultural influences, the dissemination and adoption of evidence-based practices (eg including decision-making), and/or underserved populations (eg ethnic minorities, youth, etc).
* Strong quantitative research expertise, and preferably also qualitative research expertise.
* Experience of successfully working within a collaborative research team.
*Strong writing and Powerpoint skills for communicating study results to both scientists and non-scientists, including preparation of manuscripts for presentation and publication.
* Experience in the development and writing of grant applications.
* Clear evidence of attention to detail in writing and working with data.
* Perform independent research in field of specialty using advanced methods and procedures.
* Act as liaison between the PI and other members of the research team. Works closely with other network scientists from multiple institutions.
* Direct data reduction and network analyses for funded research projects, which includes consulting with members of the research team to determine the appropriate analyses for various designs.
* Act independently in the analysis of networks in funded research projects.
* Work collaboratively with Dr. Leischow and other scientists on the development and implementation of grant applications
* Develop individual research plan in order to foster an independent research career, including development and implementation of grant applications as PI
How to apply:
Applications, including curriculum vitae and bibliography, summary of past accomplishments, and the names and email addresses of three references, should be sent or e-mailed to:
13400 East Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85259
[log in to unmask]
Phone Number: 480-301-6870
For more information about the position, contact Dr. Leischow ([log in to unmask])
Note: The Mayo website listing suggests that this is a postdoctoral fellowship position, and while it can be a postdoc, those who have completed a postdoc are welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Ad ID Number
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization that integrates research with clinical practices and education in multi-campus environment. Mayo offers an attractive benefit package. Salary will be determined by the successful candidate's experience.
Mayo Clinic is an affirmative action equal opportunity educator and employer. Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If you do not have a Social Security number or your Social Security card needs to be updated, please obtain and/or update as soon as possible to avoid any confirmation processing delays.
DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.