HOSA at UF Involvement Opportunities

HOSA at UF <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:41:26 -0400

Hello everyone!

The Executive Board at HOSA at UF would like to remind everyone that there
are plenty of involvement opportunities quickly approaching. All interested
students are able to sign up and participate in our activities and events,
regardless of whether they attended the previous meeting or not! HOSA will
be tabling during the *IDEAL Involvement Fair on Friday, September 14th
from 11 am to 3 pm at the Collonade*. Come out to ask us questions or find
out about events! Some of the events that we have coming up soon include:

   - *Give Kids the World Trip to Kissimmee, Florida*: Sign up to come on
   this two day, one night trip to Kissimmee for only $25.00 from October
   5th-6th! We will be taking a group of 20 members to Give Kids the World, a
   resort for children with life threatening diseases and their families.
   Volunteers will have the opportunity to work with the children personally.
   There is only one spot left on this trip, so sign up fast!
   - *Pre-Nursing Social*: Are you majoring in Nursing? We will be hosting
   a social at Bento cafe on Archer Rd on Wednesday, September 26th from
   8pm-9:30pm! There will be current nursing students present that can talk to
   you about the application process, what to expect, clinical rotations, and
   more!!
   - *St. Francis House First Aid Presentation*: For the first time, HOSA
   at UF will be putting on a first aid presentation at the St. Francis House.
   We are looking for 3 - 4 members to assist in planning the presentation, as
   well as speaking to the people at the St. Francis House. Due to extremely
   limited availability, members will be selected based on the order in which
   they filled out the form. The event is being held on Monday, September 24th
   at 5:00pm at the St. Francis House.

Also, the *applications for the Chairs of the Issues in Healthcare
Conference are due this Friday, at 11:59 pm*. Please be sure to fill out
your application as soon as possible if you're interested!

Attached is the PowerPoint Presentation used at the last meeting, please
refer to that if you would like to sign up for any of the aforementioned
events. See you soon!

Executive Board
HOSA at UF, 2012-2013