Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Georgia - Why I’m closing the State Archives
From: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:48:55 -0400

Thomaston Times - Why Iím closing the State Archives
The Governorís Office of Planning and Budget (OPB) instructed my office to
reduce our budget by 3 percent ($732,626) for the coming year. While this
cut is steep, it reflects only a small portion of the millions of dollars
in reductions we have already absorbed over the past several years. Our
Agency budget has been cut by more than 25 percent from $32.1 million
dollars in 2008 to $23.7 million dollars for the coming year Ė an $8.4
million dollar decrease. To put this in staffing terms, our Agency has
reduced its workforce by 38 percent, from 350 to 216 employees.

Read more: Thomaston Times - Why Iím closing the State
Archives<http://www.thomastontimes.com/view/full_story/20262774/article-Why-I%E2%80%99m-closing-the-State-Archives?instance=popular#ixzz27cW1DGns>

http://bit.ly/Qc9NvR

Source: http://www.thomastontimes.com/view/full_story/20262774/article-Why-I
ím-closing-the-State-Archives?instance=popular
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/Qc9NvR+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va