Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Disposal Alternative
From: Pilar McAdam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:12:05 +0000

If one wanted to get more granular, there are many other disposition alternatives, e.g.:

- Retain as template (hopefully, redacting discoverable specifics);
- Donate to historical collection outside of the organization (i.e., museum, library).

I'm sure that my listserv colleagues can come up with other examples.

It seems to me that moving e-content outside of your country's immediate jurisdiction wouldn't relieve you of any responsibilities for production during discovery.  Would a judge look kindly on, "Gee, your honor, I would have provided this data but it's on a server in another country."?

Just one woman's opinion.

Pilar C. McAdam, CRM
Los Angeles, CA

Circular 230 Notice: In accordance with Treasury Regulations we notify you that any tax advice given herein (or in any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or in any attachments).

Attention: This message is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.