Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Disposal Alternative
From: Ralph Better <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:46:39 -0500

Part of the thinking was that records would be maintained according to the
retention schedule and in full compliance with all laws. Once the retention
schedule has been met the records are disposed of to a third party. This
third party would be outside the jurisdiction of the US. It would be able
to do work based on the records that it would now own. No records would
need to be destroyed and would not be subject to the laws of the United
States. The organization could then have the benefit of the records
continued existence without the risks associated with keeping them.

Ralph Better