Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CHSC-UF-L Home

CHSC-UF-L  November 2012, Week 3

CHSC-UF-L November 2012, Week 3

CHSC last minute point oppotunities

"Bratton,Katherine J" <[log in to unmask]>

Bratton,Katherine J

Thu, 15 Nov 2012 07:33:48 -0500

text/plain

Hi CHSCers,

Being that our last meeting for this semester is right after
Thanksgiving, I figured I'd inform you all of this point opportunity if
you want to be considered an active member. Since the holidays are soon,
rather than donate toys to Toys for Tots, which is a good charitable
effort, CHSC had decided to go a different route as far as the toy drive
recipients go. This semester we will be holding a toy drive for a local
adoption agency and a sock drive for St.Francis House. Those of you who
are scrambling for last minute points, this will be one of the last
events of the semester where points will be awarded. We will be
collecting toys for the local adoption agency that takes in kids who are
mentally and emotionally abused and neglected. The programs provided by
this organization include counseling until they are able to find a
suitable and safe environment for the kids to be adopted into. For this
toy drive, we will be collecting all types of toys ranging from barbies
to remote control race cars, books, and learning toys it was even
mentioned to me that some of the kids like Twilight of organization are
Twilight fans, so if you want you could try donating either one of the
previous movies or the dolls associated with the franchise. A  big
disclaimer that must be taken into consideration when looking for toys
to buy to donate, the toys cannot be anything that can be used as a
weapon or guns ( i.e. not even toy water guns will not be accepted) and
can not contain explicit content.  The meeting is Nov.27 and further
details and questions about this point opportunity will be given and
answered the day of the meeting.do As far as the sock drive goes,
St.Francis House greatly appreciates the personal hygiene bags that we
created for them but are now looking for donations such as socks. I was
informed when I dropped of the personal hygiene bags that since its
getting colder, many of the residents, who spend a majority of their
time outside, are looking for items to keep warm and when sometimes
given socks, they end of wearing two pairs to keep warm. We are asking
that you donate a new pair of unopened pack of socks, preferably the
long ones since they can be used as unisex.If you wish to bring your
donations to the next club meeting, you are more than welcomed to but
will only be given a maximum of 2 points,1 point maximum for each
donation drive, however if you decide to give more the organization
would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully this will give you all enough
time to buy the items if you wish to donate. If you have any further
questions, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Please remember the items must be new, unwrapped, and unopened.

Katherine Bratton
Co-Director of Community Service
Community Health Service Corps

To remove your name from our mailing list, please email
[log in to unmask] with “unsubscribe CHSC- UF-L” from the e-mail
address you wish to unsubscribe from.