Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FLORIDARUNNINGCLUB-L Home

FLORIDARUNNINGCLUB-L  2013

FLORIDARUNNINGCLUB-L 2013

Schedule for this week

"Pancotto,Michael P,Jr" <[log in to unmask]>

Florida Running Club of UF <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:05:27 -0400

text/plain

Waddup homies! I hope everyone is having a safe weekend and not doing
anything that your parents wouldn't approve of! Here's the schedule for
this week:

Monday: Since there is no school we will be meeting at the Track at
8am! That way people can get some sleep but also so it doesn't get
bloody hell outside by the time we run. We will be running 3-9miles,
stretching afterwards with abs and drills.

Tuesday: I will be starting my workout at 6..6:10am because of
school/work right afterwards. Morgan will be starting at the usual
6:45am time and we both will be meeting at the Track. You will do a
1-3mile warmup and stretch. The workout will be 1mile at 5K pace
(2-3minute recovery), 2x800m at 5K pace (1-2minute recovery), and 4x400m
at 800pace (30seconds-1minute recovery). This workout will be intense
but it will prepare you for our first race coming up!!! After do a
1-2mile cooldown.

Wednesday: I will be hosting practice at 6:30am at the track; Morgan
will be hosting practice at 6:30pm at the Track. We both will be doing
3-8miles, stretch, and abs.

Thursday: We will start with a 1-3mile warmup, then head over to
Village drive and do 4 hill repeats. After doing 4 there we will jog
over to Frat row and do 4 more. Then after that we will jog over to
Woodlawn drive (the next hill over) and end with 4more. This will
definitely prepare you for Mountain Dew since some of the hills can
getcha there! After you will do a 1-2mile cooldown, stretch, and abs.

Friday: FUN DAY! I believe last week we had it come down to Ultimate
Frisbee or Football (for Morgan). So during the week I will take a poll
to see which one you'd rather do. Last Friday we did Capture the Flag
and for those who didn't make it out...I feel sorry for you. You missed
a hell of a time!!! If someone has another idea then bring it up at
practice and we will for sure through it into the mix.

Saturday: We will be meeting at the Track at 7am and during the week we
will decide where we are going to run. This past Saturday we did
Hawthorne Trail so I promise you we won't do it again. If we travel
somewhere you will be provided transportation given that you ask
politely and smile and say "Michael you are the best!"  Distance will be
anywhere from 5-13miles.

Sunday: You may take the day off, cross train (bike/swim for example),
or run an EASY 3miles to add some mileage.

EVERYDAY: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hydrate and eat during the day.
The days are getting hotter and that means come practice (especially if
it rains beforehand) its going to be brutal outside. We don't want
anyone getting hurt so please do that and also stretch at home. If you
stretch before you go to sleep you will feel very loose in the morning!
Also stretching in the shower is awesome!!

PS: We might be planning a team social (club clubbing(?)) this week. On
Friday about 10 of us after Capture the Flag stayed and watch most of
the 2nd half of the soccer game! If/when we have this social, don't be
shy! Come out with us! You might actually find out that Morgan and I
don't hate each other as much as we seem to do!!! See ya tomorrow folks!