]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2013

GRADSTUDENT-L 2013

January 28: First UF PhD Moms Meeting, 3:30 p.m.

Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:33:37 +0000

text/plain

REMINDER

Date:   January 24, 2013

To:     All UF Graduate Students

From:   UF PhD Moms

RE:     January 28: First UF PhD Moms Meeting, 3:30 p.m.

The first general body meeting of UF PhD Moms this semester is Monday, January 28, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. in Corry Commons on the UF campus.

New and returning students interested in PhD Moms are welcome!

Please try to attend this meeting because we will be presenting some potential leadership positions as well as discussing programming for the upcoming semester. Thanks to some wonderful partnerships from last semester this year we do plan to offer some great workshops to complement our support group meetings. We have already confirmed a speaker for one of our February meetings, which we will discuss it in more detail at the meeting on Monday.

Also, due to the amazing reception of PhD Moms, we are sponsoring a Facebook page (which is public) called UF Student-Parents (and Families) to serve as a landing  spot for all UF student-parents as we know they exist at every academic level. I am also including UF student-families because while they many may not have children, it might be something of interest for them given the demographics and age distribution. Please take a moment and visit the page, hit LIKE and SHARE it with friends, family, anyone and everyone! That way we can have a place where any parent or spouse or supporter of a PhD Mom or student-parent can go to know they are not alone at UF and that they have support everywhere!

Like and Share us on Facebook, please: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UF-Student-Parents/409622549120449.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let us know! For more information e-mail Melody Schiaffino at [log in to unmask]

Also, if you haven't already please visit the PhD Moms website to sign up at https://ufl.collegiatelink.net/organization/phdmoms.