]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2013

GRADSTUDENT-L 2013

March 29, 5 p.m.: Application Deadline for UF I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Awards

Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:04:49 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   March 11, 2013

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

RE:     March 29, 5 p.m.: Application Deadline for UF I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Awards

2013 I-CUBED PROGRAM INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH PROJECT AWARDS

Application Deadline: MARCH 29, 2013 (Friday) 5:00 PM

The Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) program at the University of Florida is a five-year project funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to foster integration of student-based research and training programs in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) disciplines, including SBE (Social, Behavioral & Economic) sciences. One of the objectives of the program is to facilitate interdisciplinary research collaboration between graduate students from different disciplines.

Purpose: This award is intended 1) to encourage graduate students in the STEM disciplines to propose, develop and participate with SBE students in an interdisciplinary research projects, 2) provide graduate students with experience working in an interdisciplinary team environment, and 3) encourage graduate students to involve undergraduate students in research activities.

The award is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines. The minimum team size is two graduate students. In addition, projects that involve one or more undergraduate students will receive priority for funding consideration

New in 2013! This year, I-Cubed will provide one funding (up to $2,500) for a team of STEM and SBE graduate students to work with students from the College of Fine Arts. The goal of this initiative is to encourage students to integrate Arts in their research projects which will help unlock creative thinking and innovation, and result in collaborative exchanges with the arts (including, visual, literary, humanities, performing, etc.)

Funding Details: Up to 6 awards ($2,500 each)

For application package and more information, please go to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding-2/nsf-funding/i-cubed-graduate-student-interdisciplinary-research-award/.

Nargiza Ludgate (Rakhimova)
I-Cubed Program Manager
University of Florida International Center
1765 Stadium Road, Suite 170 Hub| PO Box 113225 | Gainesville, FL 32611
P: (352) 273-1531 | F: (352) 392-5575 | E: [log in to unmask] | http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu