Date: March 26, 2013
To: All UF Graduate Students
From: UF Career Resource Center and UF I-Cubed Program
RE: April 1, 4 p.m.: Careers Outside Academia Networking Roundtable
On Monday April 1, 2013, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., the UF Career Resource Center, in collaboration with the UF I-Cubed Program presents Networking Roundtables for Master's and PhD students interested in Careers Outside Academia.
Learn how other Master's and PhDs have put their education to use to work outside of academia. Students will have the opportunity to speak with company representative who recruit graduate students. These informal networking roundtables will allow students to speak with and learn from a number of individuals in a variety of fields:
* William L. Jeffries, PhD in Sociology. Government work. Research scientist with the Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
* Chris Ann Keehner, J.D. in International Law. Non-Profit. Director of Development for the Sea Turtle Conservancy
* Yolaine Jeune-Smith, PhD in in Materials Science Engineering. Research Center. Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
* Bryan McDonald, M.S. Engineering Private Sector. Hydrogeologist/Operations Manager at CH2MHill
* Quentin Thomas, M.A. in International Business. Entertainment Private Sector. Entrepreneur/Queso Media Group Co-Founder
* Farbod Fakhraee, M.S. in Digital Forensics. Private Sector. Computer Programming Analyst/Information Technology Manager, Computer and Network Security
Also, representatives from Peace Corps will provide information on Peace Corps opportunities (visit www.peacecorps.gov):
* Eric Zdanowicz, Regional Manager, Peace Corps Southeast Regional Office
* Rebecca (Becky) Williams, RPCV Honduras. President of RPCV in Gainesville
For further information on Careers Outside Academia Workshops, and to RSVP, log in to Gator CareerLink at www.crc.ufl.edu, click on "Events," select "Workshops."