Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: RAINdrip: HIPAA And HITECH Privacy And Security Rule Update: Final Omnibus Rule
From: Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:51:51 -0800

Quite possibly the most comprehensive article I've seen yet explaining all
aspects of the privacy and data protection requirements associated with
HIPAA compliance.  I also like how it explains the differences between the
proposed and final rules.

http://goo.gl/sXdI6

There are a lot of details in here about "Business Associates"
requirements, which may have value to those of you in medical/healthcare
settings who are relying on 3rd parties to manage, transport, store or
otherwise control records and/or EMR/EHR data for you.  Naturally, these
issues will be of concern for any providers of those services, as the bar
has been set much higher related to shared responsibility now.

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA
RIM Professional since 1972*