Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: RAINdrip: HIPAA And HITECH Privacy And Security Rule Update: Final Omnibus Rule
From: Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:51:51 -0800

Quite possibly the most comprehensive article I've seen yet explaining all
aspects of the privacy and data protection requirements associated with
HIPAA compliance.  I also like how it explains the differences between the
proposed and final rules.

There are a lot of details in here about "Business Associates"
requirements, which may have value to those of you in medical/healthcare
settings who are relying on 3rd parties to manage, transport, store or
otherwise control records and/or EMR/EHR data for you.  Naturally, these
issues will be of concern for any providers of those services, as the bar
has been set much higher related to shared responsibility now.

*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA
RIM Professional since 1972*