Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Controlled Documents
From: Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:23:47 -0800

Sounds like what would commonly be referred to as "Policy and Guidance"
documents.  While they are 'controlled', they may be regularly revised and
in some cases, earlier versions may be retained for reference to explain
past policy decisions.  Typically, they are available for review only, and
access to prior versions must be requested.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Madeleine Manoukian <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> We have implemented an electronic records management system and have
> created a bucket for users to self file 'Controlled Documents' such as
> policies, procedures, processes, guides etc. basically our knowledge type
> version controlled documents.
> I am looking for a better name for the folder than just 'controlled
> Documents'  I would appreciate any advice you could give me.
> Regards,
> Madeleine Manoukian
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA