***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Dear SOCNET subscribers
I would like to announce the following position for a post-doc SNA researcher at the University of Antwerp, Belgium.
The Research Group MIOS (Media and ICT in Organisations and Society, www.ua.ac.be/mios ) at the University of Antwerp, in cooperation with the Research Group SMC (School for Mass Communication Research) of the K.U.Leuven, is looking for a:
Post-doc researcher specialized in Social Network Analysis (and negative ties)
This position is available in the context of an ongoing project (funded by the Flemish Science Foundation - FWO), titled "The contextual development of cyberbullying in early adolescence: a longitudinal and social network analysis" (promotors: Heidi Vandebosch (UA); Steven Eggermont (KULeuven) and Michel Walrave (UA). The post-doc researcher will perform SNA analyses on an existing dataset, based on a survey amongst 1500 secondary school students. This dataset includes sociometric measures of cyberbullying, traditional bullying, online communication, friendship, popularity.... He or she will also (co-)author papers on this topic for international, peer-reviewed journals.
Profile and requirements
*You hold a Ph.D. degree in social sciences (communication, political, social sciences, psychology, economics, statistics....). Other Ph.D. holders will be considered, provided they match the requirements of the profile;
* You have extensive expertise in SNA (and negative ties): Exponential Random Graph Models (ERGM), Multilevel and longitudinal models, Blockmodelling. Software: UCINET, R (SIENA, SNA), Pajek
* You have an excellent knowledge of English.
* You are quality-oriented, conscientious and creative, and able to deal with strict deadlines.
* Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy ( http://www.ua.ac.be/research )
* We offer a full-time position for 6 months in a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
* The post-doc researcher will have the opportunity to concentrate on the preparation of academic papers, through intensive cooperation with the promoters/pre-doc researcher involved in this project (see supra).
* Starting date : between September 1st 2013 and October 1st 2013.
* Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be sent to [log in to unmask], until the closing date of June 30th 2013.
* For questions about the profile and the task description, please contact: [log in to unmask]
The University of Antwerp strives to contribute to an open, democratic and multi-cultural society. We are a family friendly environment and follow an equal-opportunities policy.
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.