Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  June 2013

SOCNET June 2013

Call for reviewers -- HICSS Social Networking and Communities minitrack

Anatoliy Gruzd <[log in to unmask]>

Anatoliy Gruzd <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:59:10 -0400

text/plain

Hi SOCNETers!

We need your help! We have an overwhelming response to our minitrack for
the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences and are looking
for new (or renewing) reviewers. To give you a flavor for the kind of
papers there is an overview of the minitrack below. These will be full
papers, no longer than 10 pages (in 10 pt). Reviews will be due *August 1*.

If you are interested in reviewing, please send an email to Caroline
Haythornthwaite <[log in to unmask]> with your name, institution (if
any), position (student, faculty, other), and 3-5 keywords to describe
the areas you feel most competent reviewing. Please also indicate if you
are able to review 1, 2 or 3 papers.

Thanks to volunteers in advance,
--
Anatoliy Gruzd, PhD
Associate Professor, School of Information Management

Social Networking and Communities minitrack in the Digital and Social
Media track

http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/dsm.html

The focus of this mintrack is primarily on social media and their
interrelations with communities (online and offline) in the context of
work, personal life, and education. We would like to attract papers that
address issues of social media and online communities of practice,
inquiry and interest; social, political and economic social media
sustained and/or augmented communities. By ‘communities’, we include
communities of practice, epistemic communities, communities of inquiry;
as well as fully virtual communities, and social media use that supports
or complements geographically based community. Social media use for
maintenance of interpersonal and communal relations, real-time updates
of local activity, and awareness and social network building is rapidly
expanding. Community building and community management can be key
success factors in the society, encompassing work, education, social
life, and play. An understanding of design of technologies and
practices, and the networks and behaviors emerging from the use of such
media can play an important role in creating and sustaining effective
educational, social, political and economic practices in the 21st century.

http://www.aoir.org/