Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Home

FLORIDABIRDS-L  June 2013, Week 1

FLORIDABIRDS-L June 2013, Week 1

Gray Kingbird, Marsh Landing Parkway, Duval County

James Wheat <[log in to unmask]>

James Wheat <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 Jun 2013 20:29:21 -0400

text/plain

As I was loading my groceries into my car, I heard an unfamiliar call in
the taller ornamental trees lining Marsh Landing Parkway. Situated south of
the large retention pond and north of the Publix parking lot, I saw a pair
of Gray Kingbirds atop a tree. I had no binoculars or camera but am certain
of the ID, despite not having seen the species in quite some time.

The species hasn't been reported in May/June for a couple years in NE FL,
according to eBird, so I thought it'd be worth reporting here as well. The
birds seemed agitated and were ducking in an out of the foliage in one of
the trees, though I could not find a nest.

James A. Wheat
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL