Sorry for the late notice...
Join the Gainesville Drupal Users Group tonight, July 9th at the Alachua County Downtown Library in Gainesville!
Note! Updated Meeting Room!!! We're going to be in Meeting Rm. B this month! Its a room set up with a nice new projector, tables, etc. Its all the way in the back right. Click here for a map of the library: https://groups.drupal.org/files/library-map.jpg
1. Presentation: Panopoly and the future of Drupal's user interface
Panopoly is an awesome Drupal distribution that enables an amazing modern user interface. Through the magic that is panels (and its related modules), content editors can move content, reorganize blocks on individual pages, remove content from individual pages- and its all easy as pie. Many of these improvements are also making it into the Drupal 8 Blocks & Layouts initiative. Mike Herchel will be giving this presenation.
2. Presentation: Debugging with the witchcraft that is Xdebug!
In this presentation, Steve Clay will lay down the witchcraft that is Xdebug. X debug PHP extension for powerful debugging. It supports stack and function traces, profiling information and memory allocation and script execution analysis. Steve will explain how it can be used to fix general Drupal and performance issues.
In addition, we'll have
* A [free] 20 minute Drupal beginner session/training for any newbies that attend
* A rundown of the top X Drupal modules - this is always one of our favorites (time permitting)
* Roundtable discussion - What have you done or learned in the last month that's worth showing off?
* A happy-hour / social event afterwards - probably at Harry's or The Top (both are within walking distance)! This'll give us a chance to nerd-talk over a beer or three :)
* When: Tuesday July 9th, 2013 7pm-9pm EDT
* Where: the Alachua County Downtown Libary (401 East University Ave)
* Room: We'll be in Meeting Rm B, which is all the way in the back right. Follow the right wall all the way back. Click here for a map of the library: https://groups.drupal.org/files/library-map.jpg
* Afterwards: We'll be going out for food/beer/socializing at a restaurant/bar within walking distance.
* What to bring: Bring your laptop if you have one, if not, don't worry!
Hope to see you there!
Florida High School Athletic Association
(352) 372-9551 x120 | [log in to unmask]
Fan the FHSAA on Facebook www.facebook.com/FHSAA