Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Records and Archives Management: Just Digitize all the Records - Are You Kidding Me?
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:49:19 -0500

Records and Archives Management: Just Digitize all the Records - Are You
Kidding Me?
So often I hear people say "Let's just digitize the records" thinking that
is the solution to reducing or eliminating the amount of paper in their
office.  I have also known colleagues who have been given the mandate to
convert all paper records to digital format. To that I say ďAre you kidding
me?Ē

 Digitizing some of an organizationís records makes good
business<http://www.recordsandarchivesmanagement.com/search/label/Benefits%20of%20Digitizing%20Records>sense
but not necessarily all of an organizationís records.
People so often think digitizing all the records is the solution, without
giving any thought to the issues that need to be considered before
determining if digitizing is the right thing for them to do.  Things to
consider:

http://bit.ly/1bdu6Vy

Source:
http://www.recordsandarchivesmanagement.com/2013/09/just-digitize-all-records-are-you_26.html
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1bdu6Vy+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar