Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Fwd: History and intimacy lost in modern communication
From: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:40:13 -0500

 History and intimacy lost in modern communication

Letís journey to the year 2113. Imagine an archivist searching to learn
more about an organization that is more than 100 years old. What will the
archivist find from this decade? Will any records be in a form that will be
discernible? What about correspondence between members of the organization?
I wonder if our present time period will be lost to archivists, just as the
Native Americans oral history is lost to us (that is, until Europeans
arrived and began to write their version!). At least we have some wonderful
photographs of Native Americans from the 19th century.

http://bit.ly/1bJcWij

Source: http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=19056
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1bJcWij+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas