Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Home

FLORIDABIRDS-L  December 2013, Week 2

FLORIDABIRDS-L December 2013, Week 2

Re: Little Blue Heron, Strange Behavior - SALAMANDERS

patrick leary <[log in to unmask]>

patrick leary <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Dec 2013 07:50:57 -0500

text/plain

David, et al: Your observations re marked increases in spring tides along
the Atlantic coast is spot-on and has been noted here for the last ten years
or more. I fully suspect we are witnessing a manifestation of sea level
rise. One would anticipate that someone is monitoring the phenomenon and we
will eventually receive "official" documentation/confirmation of these
events. Logic suggest that sea level will rise incrementally over time, but
reality indicates that it is occurring in the form of increased spring tides
year round. For those unfamiliar with the term "spring tide" this has
nothing to do with season but rather refers to a normal or predicted tide
"springing up" or rising higher than normal due to a variety of
circumstances. Such as: wind, moon phase, planetary influence, atmospheric
pressure, storm surge, or sea level rise.