Date: April 3, 2014
To: All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff
From: UF Career Resource Center
RE: Non-Academic Career Panel - TODAY at 4:00pm CRC Library
Non-Academic Career Panel and Information Session
April 3rd at 4:00 pm, CRC Library
Are you considering a career in industry? Join us for the Non-Academic Career Panel and Information Session. This workshop consists of professionals who pursued non-academic careers after their graduate/postdoc education. The panel will feature an introduction and informal networking roundtables that will allow students to speak with and learn from a number of individuals in a variety of fields:
- Lawson Brown Jr., M.Ed. in Multicultural Education. State K-12 System. Principal at Charles W. Duval Elementary School
- Christa Speekmann, PhD in Biology. Government. Staff Officer for Aquaculture. Animal Plant Health Inspection and Veterinary Services, National Import Export Services, USDA
- Camille Feanny, PhD in Applied Cultural Anthropology. Entertainment Private Sector. Cultural Anthropologist and International Journalist. CNN International
- Luis Galiano, PhD in Chemistry. Private Sector. Statistics and Data Analysis Lead for the Technology & Engineering group in North America for Syngenta
- Catheryn Khoo-Lattimore, PhD in Tourism. Foreign Higher Education Institution. Associate Professor, School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts, Taylor's University Lakeside Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Visiting (non-U.S.) Fulbright Scholar at UF
- Harsha Ramakrishnappa, M.S. in Electrical Engineering. Private Sector. Software Developer for R+L Carriers Inc.
For more information and to RSVP, log in to Gator CareerLink at crc.ufl.edu, click on "events," select "workshops."
Presented in collaboration with Graduate School and the I-Cubed Program