]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2014

GRADSTUDENT-L 2014

Upcoming: Graduate Student Council Meeting, Town Hall, Social and Awards

Neumann,Joshua O

Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:35:31 +0000

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   March 11, 2014

To:     All UF Graduate Students

From:   UF Graduate Student Council (GSC)

RE:     Upcoming: Graduate Student Council Meeting, Town Hall, Social and Awards

Fellow Graduate Students:

Here are some newsworthy items for this week.

(1) GSC is hosting elections tonight, Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 6 p.m. in McCarty A, G186 (the same room as the February meeting). Please be sure to have your department representative there to vote. As a reminder, each department has only one vote.

(2) Please spread the word that GSC is hosting a Town Hall this Friday, March 15, at 6 p.m. in the commons area of Corry Village on the UF campus. We would like to have representatives from every student organization that focuses on serving graduate students. We hope to generate ideas about how to improve the graduate experience at UF in order to contribute to UF Rising (President Machen's and Governor Scott's goal of having UF become one of the top 10 public institutions nationwide).

(3) Following the Town Hall, join us for a our Spring social at :08, Gainesville's country music night club, from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. :08 is located at 201 W. University Avenue in Gainesville.

(4) As it is the spring semester, it is also awards season. This year, we are sponsoring four awards. These awards are: (1) Outstanding Service by a graduate student; (2) Outstanding Research by a graduate student; (3) Outstanding Service to graduate students by a faculty member (can be for mentoring or for other kinds of service to graduate students); and (4) Outstanding Service to graduate students by a non-faculty staff member. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the nomination information on the GSC facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UFGraduateStudentCouncil?ref=hl) and website.

We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events.

Go Gators!

Joshua Neumann
UF GSC President