Skip repetitive navigational links
Next (less recent) in topic | Previous (more recent) in topic
Next (less recent) by same author | Previous (more recent) by same author

Re: Book Recommendation

Sara Weertz <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:04:39 -0600

text/plain

"How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character" by Paul Tough. When we talk about academic success, a lot, maybe too much, emphasis is placed on the mark of intelligence. Tough makes the case for a review of soft skills such as self-regulation, perseverance, and conscientiousness. Don't let the word "children" fool you into thinking this is not about college-aged kids. It is.

sal

Sara Weertz, M.Ed.

Executive Director, First Year Experience

ASU Station #10915

Angelo State University

San Angelo, TX 76909

(325) 942-2595