***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Call for Workshops and Organized Sessions for the first European Social Networks Conference, Barcelona, July 1-4, 2014 (www.eusn.org)
We now invite you to submit proposals for organized sessions and workshops for
the first European Social Networks Conference, which will be held in Barcelona from July 1-4, 2014 (see www.eusn.org). As we announced previously, this European conference replaces the annual ASNA and UKSNA conference in 2014, having received a regional conference endorsement by the INSNA.
You can propose to organize:
* A session, a set of paper presentations centered around a specific theme, for which participants can submit abstracts in early March. Organized sessions consist of at least one 2-hour time slot accommodating 4-6 paper presentations.
* A workshop. Workshops are sessions of half a day (3 hrs) or a full day (2 sessions of 3 hrs) focused on teaching attendees specific methods, software or theories. These workshops are not free and require additional payment, namely 37.5 euro for half-day workshops and 75 for full-day workshops (with discounts for students).
Please send your submissions for sessions and workshops BEFORE THE 15TH OF FEBRUARY. A call for abstracts will go out in the first week of March. Please do NOT send abstracts for paper presentations and posters before the first of March.
To submit an organized session or workshop:
1. Go to www.eusn.org, click on the "Program" tab and click on "Open" after "Call for workshops and sessions".
2. Register to EasyChair (you should first "sign up for an account") and login.
3. Click on the "New submission" link and fill out the form. Make sure you enter all required information:
* Full name, institute and contact information of the workshop or session organizers (under "authors")
* A short title and a brief description of your session or workshop. For a workshop, please also include the length of the proposed workshop (3 or 6 hours) and the maximum number of attendees. For a session, please mention who will be the chair.
* Select the category "session proposal" or "workshop proposal"
* Define at least three keywords that characterize the proposal
4. Press the "submit" button to finish your submission. After submission, you will receive a confirmation email.
For full consideration, please send your submissions no later than February 15. Decisions will be communicated to the corresponding organizer(s) before the 1st of March.
The call for abstracts for paper presentations and posters will be announced on the SOCNET list in the first week of March. Please check the website www.eusn.org for updates regarding the EUSN conference, or follow @EUSNConference on twitter. Please do not hesitate to contact us at [log in to unmask] for any questions about the submission procedure.
On behalf of the Program Committee of the EUSN 2014,
Autonomous University of Barcelona
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.