Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Geneva Wilderness Area, 3/14/2014 (Seminole Co)
From: Scott Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:24:53 -0400

Hello all,

Yesterday evening I drove out to the Geneva Wilderness area hoping to find
Eastern Whip-poor-wills and Chuck-will's-widow.  Just before 8 pm I began
to hear several Whips from several places in the park, and I was able to
get a recording of them.  About 10-20 minutes later I heard one Chuck, a
little farther away, but very clear.  By the time I got my phone out to
record him, somebody revved up his truck for a couple minutes, drowning out
the bird, and when he finally stopped, so had the Chuck.

I decided to play with the recording some, and I uploaded it to I noticed that once uploaded you can copy an embed code from
the website. I decided to see if I could paste it into my eBird checklist,
and it worked!  You can play the audio file right from the checklist.  I
thought that was the coolest thing I've learned all week.

As a bonus, on my way out there yesterday I saw my FOY Short-tailed Hawk, a
light morph, flying north over Red Bug Rd.

Geneva Wilderness Area is on Rte 426 just south of Rte 46 in Geneva, FL

Happy birding,

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL

Member  photos  I: