Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Chron of Higher Education

"cassandra.l.hawkins-wilson" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Apr 2014 13:01:29 -0500

text/plain

Teaching all level of students, I have noticed that taking notes is a
skill, which many of them lack.  I no longer teach with PowerPoint. When I
taught with PowerPoint, students would be so focused on the bullets, which
were on the slides, that they would miss the actual lecture.  I currently
use the flipped classroom method to assist students with the retention of
knowledge.  I am interested in techniques that effectively teach students
how to efficiently take notes.

Best regards,

Cassandra

*Students: Please include your email address, phone number, and J ID number
with each correspondence.*

Cassandra L. Hawkins-Wilson, MA

*Public Policy and AdministrationPHD Student*

*Instructor of EnglishJackson State UniversityUndergraduate
StudiesUniversity College*

*P. O. Box 18240Charles F. Moore 112AJackson, MS 39217601-979-7088
<601-979-7088> (office)*
*601-979-7092 <601-979-7092> (department)*

*601-979-3243 <601-979-3243> (fax) 601-706-9435 <601-706-9435> (Google
Voice) - Leave a text and/or voicemail.*

Visit my teaching website <http://chawkinsteaching.weebly.com>.
http://chawkinsteaching.weebly.com/
Read the latest edition of News from the Professor's
World<http://paper.li/chawkinswilson/1378411257>
. http://paper.li/chawkinswilson/1378411257
Follow me on Twitter <http://twitter.com/chawkinswilson>.
https://twitter.com/chawkinswilson
Like my Facebook Page.<http://www.facebook.com/cassandrahawkinswilsonauthor>
  https://www.facebook.com/cassandrahawkinswilsonauthor
Check out my new book, "Life and Struggles!"
<http://www.cassandrahawkinswilson.weebly.com> Available
in iTunes, Kindle, and paperback.*Amazon's Top 20 New Poetry Release.
http://cassandrahawkinswilson.weebly.com/

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it. -Aristotle

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any
attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of
the person or entity to whom the message is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any
disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or taking any action
in reliance on the contents of this message, or using of the contents
of this message in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
or telephone. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original
message and any attached documentation. Thank you.

December 2020
November 2020
October 2020
September 2020