Dystonia Awareness Month Update

HOSA at UF <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:53:27 -0400

text/plain

HOSA Members,

As you all may know, Tyler’s Hope for A Dystonia Cure and UF HOSA have
joined forces this month to help spread awareness of dystonia and raise
attention for Dystonia Awareness Month!

Did you know that over 500,000 in the United States suffer from dystonia?
In fact, it is the third most common movement disorder in North America!
Despite its impact on the community at large, only a few people are aware
of dystonia, and its debilitating nature.

During the month of September, we challenge all HOSA members to join in the
battle against dystonia, and fight for the cure! Please see the following
opportunities below for ways to get involved and show your support for
Dystonia Awareness Month!

-*Paint the 34th Wall*: Thank you to all our HOSA members who joined us
last Friday, as we painted our support for Dystonia Awareness Month! It was
a huge success and we look forward to carrying on this tradition next year.

- *UF Football Orange Out*: Thank you to all our members that supported
Dystonia Awareness Month by wearing orange to our previous football game
against Kentucky! Go Gators!

- *Dystonia Awareness Month Petition*: This month, Dystonia Awareness
supporters have rallied together to bring attention to the US White House
by creating a Dystonia Awareness Month Petition. This petition aims to make
September Dystonia Awareness Month nationally. Please take the time to sign
the petition, and be sure to share the link on your social media sites so
your family and friends can sign as well. [ *http://wh.gov/lh5aj
<http://wh.gov/lh5aj>*]

-*Send us A Picture of your Suppor*t: Take a picture of you and your
friends wearing orange! Send it to us at [log in to unmask] to be featured on
our HOSA at UF Facebook, as well as the Tyler's Hope for a Dystonia Cure
Facebook.

 - *Purchase a Beat Dystonia Tank Top*: Tank tops cost only $15 and they
are a great way to spread awareness and support our very own Florida
Gators. Please email us for more information and spread the word to your
friends!

-*Sign up to volunteer at the 2014 Wobtoberfest at the Tioga Town Center on
September 27, 2014*: This event is hosted by the World of Beer and consists
of a 5k, live music, Oktoberfest games, a children's play area, Rockwall,
German themed food and treats, and beer. Proceeds are being donated to four
local charities, including Tyler's Hope for a Dystonia Cure. We NEED
volunteers for this event! If you or your friends are interested in
volunteering, please email us the names of people attending, as well as
their phone numbers and emails. The official sign up is found here:
*http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b49a5a62aaa8-wobtoberfest/
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b49a5a62aaa8-wobtoberfest/>*

Stay tuned for more opportunities to get involved with HOSA and we look
forward to seeing you all at your next General Body Meeting!

Have a great Day! J

UF HOSA

'Like' us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/hosaatuf

To unsubscribe from the HOSA listserv, send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the following one-line message in the
body: SIGNOFF HOSA-L.You will then be sent a confirmation message and an
exit message from the listserv manager.