Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Hiring as a tutor - a grad student with GPA under 3.0

Barton E Price <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:13:42 +0000

text/plain

I respect the advice from Saundra McGuire and Rick Sheets on this matter. Certainly, people who have been in the field much longer than I have a better understanding of the nuances these things. I agree that the individual's academic record in his or her chosen field of study is more telling of aptitude in that discipline and probability of making a good tutor.

Again, the decision from our graduate studies director is the most definitive at the local level. I will rest our department's decision on that judgment.

I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to participate in this professional forum.

With gratitude,

Barton Price, Ph.D.
Director of the Centers for Academic Success and Achievement
ipfw.edu/casa