Skip repetitive navigational links

Position: Instructional Consultant, UW Seattle

"David S. Goldstein" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Feb 2015 19:48:08 +0000

Apologies for cross-posts …

Position announcement below and at http://preview.tinyurl.com/kc7ugr6.

The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research ​institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.

The Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Washington invites applications for the position of Instructional Consultant.

The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)<http://www.washington.edu/teaching/> is an innovative partnership of the Graduate School, Undergraduate Academic affairs, and UW Libraries.  This partnership reflects UW's commitment to inventive, collaborative, learned, culturally responsive, and technologically astute support of teaching and learning.  The CTL aims to close gaps between research and teaching and between teaching and learning by promoting evidence-based teaching decisions, sustainable innovation, and best practices.  The position of Instructional Consultant is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to this shared work.

This position advances excellence in teaching and learning at the University of Washington by consulting with departments and instructors and by designing and facilitating programs.  The position calls for collaboration and leadership, both internal to the CTL and throughout the UW campus; the ability to conduct and facilitate programs as well as to design and manage programs; participate in and form partnerships that enhance the CTL's contributions to the UW community.  The position enlarges CTL's capacity to advance quality, innovation, and assessment of instruction at UW.

Duties and Responsibilities:

25% Consulting with departments, faculty members, graduate students, and other instructors to help them answer teaching and learning questions.
25% Designing and conducting program assessments, workshops and focus groups.
15% Facilitating Faculty Learning Communities.
10% Evaluating CTL programs and services to improve their effectiveness and campus reach.
10% Collaborating in the planning and implementation of existing CTL programs.
10% Engaging in partnerships, research, writing and public speaking that enhance the CTL's contribution to the UW community.
5% Representing the CTL in campus, regional and national organizations and events.

Lead Responsibilities:

Programs advancing equity, diversity, and inclusive teaching and learning at UW.

REQUIREMENTS:

•  Ph.D. required, and a minimum of two to three years’ experience.
Equivalent experience may not substitute for degree requirement.
•  Evidence of excellence in teaching at the college or university level
•  Demonstrated success in working with faculty, TAs, or other instructional staff to improve teaching and learning
•  Experience in event organization, design, and implementation
•  Experience in working successfully with diverse students and instructors across a wide range of disciplines
•  Demonstrated success in working collaboratively within a unit and across organizational boundaries
•  Knowledge of current models of instructional development and professional development for faculty and graduate students
•  Knowledge of research, innovations, and best practices in higher education teaching and learning
•  Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from diverse sources using a variety of research methodologies
•  Excellent consultation, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, and presentation skills
•  Strong oral and written communication skills
•  Ability to work independently and as part of a team; to lead; to develop and coordinate programs

Condition of Employment:

Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.

As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website, click here.<http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/benefits/forms/ben-summaries/prostaff.pdf>

Application Process:
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process.  These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others.  Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.​

----------=======###############=======----------
     David S. Goldstein, Ph.D.<http://faculty.washington.edu/davidgs>
Director, Teaching and Learning Center<http://www.uwb.edu/tlc/>
Senior Lecturer, Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences<http://www.uwb.edu/ias/>
18115 Campus Way NE - Box 358565
Bothell, WA  98011-8246
http://www.uwb.edu/tlc/ [New Picture] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bothell-WA/UW-Bothell-Teaching-and-Learning-Center/109006029135213>

425.352.5378
----------=======###############=======----------

Please note my new e-mail address: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The Teaching and Learning Center fosters learning in the UW Bothell community by supporting learner-educators in the enrichment of pedagogical knowledge, skills, and practices.  We strive to be a vibrant hub of learner-educators working on transformative pedagogy in service of diverse students and comprehensive learning at UW Bothell.

January 2020
December 2019
November 2019
October 2019