Skip repetitive navigational links

19 spaces left - NCLCA Webinar - This Friday, February 20th 12-2pm Eastern - Academic Coaching Models for Learning Centers and Student Success

Lisa D'Adamo-Weinstein <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:12:39 -0500

Good Morning,

We have 19 spaces left for *Academic Coaching Models for Learning Centers
and Student Success* on *Friday, February 20, 2015 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST*
at:

Register by clicking on the link below:
https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/6524739858310628353

______________________________
*Join us for two presentations on academic coaching in learning centers*:

*Presentation #1 - Using A Coach Approach to Learning Center Services -
Presented by Christina Fabrey, Green Mountain College

Do you work with students who are having trouble getting started on tasks
or are disorganized or forgetful? In this session, we will discuss the
principles of coaching, how college and career readiness skills can be
enhanced through the coaching process, and how learning center
professionals can incorporate coaching techniques into their work with
students. The college environment requires that students learn to be
autonomous, flexible, and critical in their thinking yet we know that many
of our students need support in how to develop these important skills.
Shifting to a coaching mindset, learning support professionals can
encourage students to set their own academic goals, develop strategies to
meet them, reflect on their academic performance, and encourage a level of
independence necessary to tackling the world after college.

 * Presentation #2 - Academic Coaching for Learning Assistance Centers -
Presented by Johanna Dvorak & Pam Schoessling, University of Wisconsin -
Milwaukee

In this session, we will explore what it takes to start a coaching program:
funding, resources, staffing, marketing and evaluation.  We will also
explore different levels within our coaching program and the training of
both undergraduate and graduate students to become academic coaches. We
will explore coaching and referral guidelines as well as the importance of
developing strong relationships and adhering to training standards and
ethical guidelines.

______________________________
*Payment*:
Go-to-Training uses PayPal to process credit cards. If you need to pay
using a check or PO, we can reimburse the PayPal payment once the check/PO
is received.

The default payment option is the institutional rate of $100. The
institutional rate gives one point of login that can be used for 3 or more
participants to project/view together. For NCLCA members and non-members
wishing to view at their computer with up to one additional person, please
choose the fee by using the DISCOUNT codes as follows:

1) NCLCA member, the cost is $50. Use the discount code: Member
2) Not an NCLCA member, the cost is $55. Use the discount code: NonMember
3) If you are a presenter, the cost is $0. Use the discount code: Presenter
4) If you are seeking the institutional rate, please register without a
code. The default price is listed at $100 is the institutional rate.

*Registration and Refunds*:
Access to the webinar and materials is only processed upon payment.
Registration remains open up until 1 hour before a webinar begins. If you
register early and do not complete your payment, your registration will be
cancelled 48 hours before the webinar begins to freeing up space for
others.

Refunds are granted up to 48 hours before the webinar begins. If you are
unable to attend, you will still get a recording of the webinar. Upon
payment you will receive a confirmation email telling you how to join the
training.

*Any questions? Contact the co-chairs via email or phone*:
Lisa D’Adamo-Weinstein - [log in to unmask] or 914-213-3930
Elaine Richardson - [log in to unmask] or 864-650-6172

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the training.

January 2020
December 2019
November 2019