Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: California Gull. Iceland Gull. Daytona Beach Shores.
From: Michael Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:54:48 -0500

Today, 2/25, I found an adult California Gull on the beach at Daytona Beach Shores. Interestingly, I supposed that this would be the bird that I saw flying at the Tomoka Landfill on Monday. After I posted the California Gull on Monday, I received a couple of photos by a birder who saw a California Gull on the beach in New Smyrna Beach about a week ago. I assumed that this would be the same bird. However, on comparing the photos, this is a different California Gull than the New Smyrna Beach bird. Therefore, there are two different adult California Gulls in the area.

In addition, there was a 1st cycle Iceland Gull on the beach, as well as a Parasitic Jaeger just offshore.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL