]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

R-USERS-L Home

R-USERS-L  2016

R-USERS-L 2016

Re: list alive + question on optimization functions

Ben Bolker <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:46:33 -0500

text/plain

  It is alive.

  I do know of a book that talks about nonlinear minimization in R:
https://ms.mcmaster.ca/~bolker/emdbook/book.pdf (chapter 7).

  If you want to do nonlinear *least-squares* optimization of some curve
to data, you can just use nls() (but be aware that you have to have
reasonable initial guesses at the parameter values).

  cheers
   Ben Bolker